What are the benefits of a store locator?
As we explain in our new ebook, Why Your Business Needs A Store Locator, organizations have much to gain from adding a store locator platform to their website.
The statistics don’t lie: with 88% of all mobile searchers visiting a related store they have searched for, a store locator is one of the best ways to encourage customers to make the switch from online to offline (O2O), increasing your in-store footfall and, of course, sales as a result.
We’ve seen the results for ourselves – 50% of all visitors to Italian motorbike firm Ducati’s local pages, powered by BRIDGE, end up visiting their local dealer.
A store locator - a website, app or social media function that helps customers find out where your physical stores are and gives them useful, rich local content too - brings a number of benefits, including:
- Increased traffic to your website - by definition, a store locator platform means customers must visit your website if they want to find out where your stores are. So not only does this direct them to your shops - it also encourages them to explore your main website too.
- Better search rankings and improved visibility - store locator platforms contain local content so they directly improve your business’s local search rankings, giving you a key advantage over your competitors.
- Saving time and money - because a store locator gives your customers store location details, contact information, opening times and lots more, you save time and money because you don’t need to have employees taking calls all day
How can you optimize your store locator?
Once you have a store locator platform, it’s time to optimize it. But how? Here are some ideas:
- Add local content - providing your customers with local content specific to each of your stores will help improve your SEO performance and, consequently, your ranking on search engines.
- Integrate keywords for SEO - specific, local keywords, rather than general ones - e.g. - ‘Pet food in Dublin’ - help to ensure higher rankings in search engines
Make the store locator mobile-responsive – with the smartphone now accounting for 60% of searches, optimizing your store locator platform for mobile should be a priority.
Download our store locator ebook for more in-depth information on optimizing your store locator platform.
What examples are there of brands successfully using store locators?
While some store locators get things badly wrong, there are some great examples of brands using a store locator platform to best effect:
Pizza Hut Poland
Designed using the BRIDGE store locator platform, Pizza Hut’s store locator is all about incentives: it makes excellent use of call-to-action buttons on the store results pages to generate e-commerce transactions and allow customers to book tables at their restaurants.
Dyson developed an excellent store locator designed to promote the launch of its first store in the UK. With clear information about opening and closing times and relevant call to action buttons, the buying funnel is very much at the heart of this platform, maximising Dyson’ chances of getting the most out of its online to offline marketing activity.
You can view more of our favourite store locators with our 5 Best Store Locators post.
How BRIDGE can help your organization
BRIDGE is a specialist SaaS (Software as a Service) provider, offering a full range of online-to-offline solutions to businesses looking to increase footfall in their stores. Our products include Store Locator, Local Pages and Online Listings, all incorporating cutting-edge technology to drive shoppers to physical retail spaces. Learn more about how we can help you.